From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2006 21:19:36 -0700

Phlip wrote:
> Marshall wrote:
>
> >> The goal is to replace duplicated statements with better design.
> >
> > Works for me.
>
> Good! Stop right there! The pendulum is now at rest pointing straight down,
> and nothing must perturb it, to the left or right, again.

LOL. You are probably right. Perhaps we should leave it right there. Let's let mAsterdam and Susa, the level-headed denizens of their respective newsgroups, to carry the further dialog, even if it means leaving important questions, such as Scarlet Johanson vs. Jessica Alba, to the ages.

> (Most importantly, there are those who judge all designs by one primary
> criteria - how little they duplicate...)
>
> > I'm actually a bit hestitant with my understanding of the verb
> > "bulldoze"
> > in the above, but I understood it to mean something like "foo" or
> > "frob" or "whatever." If it means something specific, then I missed
> > it.
>
> Ah, just a system metaphor. RDBMSs shine when they shovel huge amounts of
> data back and forth (right)? Hence, a bulldozer with a big blade, pushing
> mounds of data before it...

Uh, okay. :-)

Marshall Received on Mon Jun 05 2006 - 06:19:36 CEST

Original text of this message