From: Phlip <phlipcpp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 04:04:08 GMT

Marshall wrote:

>> The goal is to replace duplicated statements with better design.
>
> Works for me.

Good! Stop right there! The pendulum is now at rest pointing straight down, and nothing must perturb it, to the left or right, again.

(Most importantly, there are those who judge all designs by one primary criteria - how little they duplicate...)

> I'm actually a bit hestitant with my understanding of the verb
> "bulldoze"
> in the above, but I understood it to mean something like "foo" or
> "frob" or "whatever." If it means something specific, then I missed
> it.

Ah, just a system metaphor. RDBMSs shine when they shovel huge amounts of data back and forth (right)? Hence, a bulldozer with a big blade, pushing mounds of data before it...

--
  Phlip