Re: twit-filters and honesty

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 03:44:17 GMT

mAsterdam wrote:
> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>> paul c wrote:
>>

>>> i'll stick my neck out and say that committee definitions are usually
>>> crap.
>>

>> Committee or no, the ISO/IEC vocabularies are very good, reflect well
>> what educated people mean when they use various terms, and are very
>> illuminating.

> Good to see that according to Bob Badour the ISO/IEC illuminatingly
> addresses the misunderstandings we have here.
>
>> Creating a misleading and incorrect glossary through the volunteer
>> contributions of vociferous ignorami is counter-productive and just
>> plain dumb.

> Please, Bob Badour-fans (as Bob twit-filtered me),
> point out the misleading entries.
>
> Also, please explain how addressing real misunderstandings
> in a group is counter-productive and just plain dumb.

"real misunderstandings" don't go away. in diplomatic circles the way treaties are achieved is by changing the subject to one that the misunderstanding parties don't consider crucial. all that does is leave it for the next generation but i'm not interested in peace with the oo progagandists, i just want them to keep their mischief elsewhere, as i think they would prefer since there's little money here. the only value in language, such as English is in prompting thought. agreement is not inevitable in any human discourse and i wish more people would stop dreaming it is. the only misunderstandings i want to discuss here are my own as far as db is concerned, not various opinions about a completely different field.

p Received on Mon Jun 05 2006 - 05:44:17 CEST

Original text of this message