Re: a misleading and incorrect glossary through the volunteer contributions of VI

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 03:21:32 GMT

mAsterdam wrote:

> paul c wrote:
>

>> Bob Badour wrote:

>>> Committee or no, the ISO/IEC vocabularies are very good, reflect well
>>> what educated people mean when they use various terms, and are very
>>> illuminating.
>>>
>>> Creating a misleading and incorrect glossary through the volunteer
>>> contributions of vociferous ignorami is counter-productive and just
>>> plain dumb.
>>

>> sure, but the same argument applies to acknowledging idiots.
>

> Could you be a bit more verbose?

i could, but i hope i can restrain myself as it would be pointless. there's not much, since you ask me, that can be usefully said on this subject and this medium doesn't enable a meeting of minds in other ways much, such as boxing matches or drinks together. can't comment about academic discussion since i'm not an academic. i'll try to stop my outbursts and i hope the cross-posters can stop their self-publicity too. i think the oo group is the proper place for most of this silliness.

there are so many more challenging topics to explore that have nothing to do with OO. just my two cents.

p Received on Mon Jun 05 2006 - 05:21:32 CEST

Original text of this message