From: Phlip <phlipcpp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 02:19:24 GMT

Marshall wrote:

> So every time you need to do any query, you just mechanically wrap it
> in a method? Then the use of these wrapper methods is okay anywhere
> in the application that needs to make them?

When those techniques relieve duplication.

Suppose 12 of my modules bulldoze the BULLDOZE table. Gee, maybe I should wrap that up in a Bulldoze object and hide all the SQL statements inside that.

Now suppose one little module reads the CONFIG table at startup. Screw it; just hard-code a SELECT statement and don't look back.

The goal is to replace duplicated statements with better design.

--
  Phlip