From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 3 Jun 2006 17:38:36 -0700

Neo wrote:
[snip answers to some of my questions]

You answered some of my questions but not all. Before we proceed I need you to answer the remaining ones. Here are the questions you missed listed separately but be sure to refer to the original context when answering them.

What do you mean by "knowing that they are the same"?

What is "they"?

What redundancy are you referring to?

If the we take (name part color) and (name part texture) as the primary keys for colors and textures, then how is the database not normalized?

What scenario can you repeat? Please do so within this example.

By the way, isn't MV a type of data model?

How does a data model "implement" something?

Or do you mean "dbd doesn't suffer from the flaw in most/all current implementations /of/ MV models"?

And here we would be talking about DBMS and not data models or databases correct?

What do you mean by "similar values"?

What is a data independent reference?

If there are "multiple marys" then what is /a/ mary?

  • Keith --