Re: Possible bridges between OO programming proponents and relational model

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 23:25:20 GMT

vc wrote:

> Cimode wrote:
>

> Your suggestion does not carry much force because a) you appear to be
> unable/unwilling to answer truly trivial questions. Your
> refusal/inability to do so does not inspire much confidence in your
> ability to discuss more complicated matters than the school algebra
> notions. b) since you apparently advocate a novel data management
> approach, you should be able to state briefly what advantages the new
> approach has in comparison to the relational model and whether those
> advantages are sufficient to make people convert to the new way of
> doing thing. Given the level of the RM understanding you've exhibited
> so far, the likelihood of your being able to present such comparison
> in a meaningful way is very low.
>
> So, for now let's postpone discussing the fancy stuff like the
> 'trans-relational model' and try to settle the issue of whether the
> database relation is flat or not. OK ?

VC, Cimode is not trying to introduce a new logical data model.

However, he seems unable to communicate sensibly in english. For instance, he keeps referring to bidimensionality of a physical representation of a row when that is basically meaningless to the anglophones according to the definitions of the terms he uses, and he has made absolutely no effort to try to define the terms he is using.

I asked him point blank why he thought the linearity of the address space had any bearing on the dimensionality of the table, and he ignored the question. I don't think he understands enough english to participate effectively.

His posts are extremely wordy and nonsensical. If he had a better grasp of the language, I think he would communicate more succinctly and make more sense.

Instead of trying to find better (ie. accurate and succinct) vocabulary, he just keeps repeating the nonsense. Received on Sun Jun 04 2006 - 01:25:20 CEST

Original text of this message