From: <frebe73_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2006 11:21:02 -0700

> >> Because keeping such a change easy to do, regardless whether you actually
> >> change, has overwhelming benefits during development.
> >
> > What kind of overwhelming benefits during developmen?
> >
> > By the way, how would your flat file version of
> > "select * from company where location=? and name like ?"
> > look like?
>
> If I had even the most trivial encapsulation, such as
> fetchCompany(location, name, pattern), then I'm sure
> it would look exactly the same.

Does the flat file API has a method fetchCompany??? Isn't the methods in a flat file API more like:

* findByPosition
* findByIndex
* findFirst
* findNext

> That's the answer to both questions.
I can't see how you answered how making such a change easy to do, has overwhelming benefits during development.

Fredrik Bertilsson
http://frebe.php0h.com Received on Sat Jun 03 2006 - 20:21:02 CEST

Original text of this message