Re: The wisdom of the object mentors

From: Patrick May <pjm_at_spe.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 09:51:14 +0100

Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> writes:

>>>With what he wrote. I apologize but I cannot give you a basic
>>>education through usenet. If you lack the ability to recognize how he
>>>demonstrates his ignorance from your own education and from what has
>>>already been written in this thread, then you have a moral obligation
>>>to educate yourself before continuing to pretend you have any
>>>qualifications at all for computing or software development. (Let
>>>alone expertise.)
>>
>> Wow. Very impressive evasion. Still evasion, though.
>
> You might even have had a point had I not already demonstrated his
> idiocy and ignorance many times over.

     Claiming to have done so is unimpressive without a pointer to specifically where you did it.

> Since you are unable to recognize substantive arguments, which I
> have already supplied aplenty, and since you are yourself clearly a
> self-aggrandizing ignorant, I am going to add you to my
> twit-filter. Pretending I have any obligation to comply with your
> idiotic demands when you have already proved it would be a complete
> waste of my time is not something I am wont to do.
>
> The fact that I won't be replying directly to anything you write
> implies nothing about the quality of whatever nonsense you might
> choose to post.

     More bluster. Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

> Yes, apparently, I have you confused with the idiot who uses a
> signature 8 lines high that includes the text: "The experts in large
> scale distributed OO systems design and implementation."

     My signature is four lines of 72 characters or less, as per Usenet convention. Someone who cries "ignorance" and "foolishness" as readily as you might be expected to be more careful.

>>> I have already demonstrated very clearly how they are foolish many
>>> times. I would suggest you go back and re-read what I have
>>> written.
>>
>> I've been following this thread moderately closely and have seen
>> little but invective from you. Please point out where you have
>> specifically demonstrated Mr. Martin's foolishness.
>
> I have no interest in repeating myself or in appointing myself your
> errand boy. Go to google groups and look it up for yourself.

     Written like someone more interested in distracting from their acuous claims than someone who can actually back them up.

>> Your behavior definitely suggests a non-rational basis.
>
> You can project whatever you want onto me. I have little need for
> armchair psychobabble.

     What do you hope to accomplish with your behavior? Usenet has the potential to support rational, mutually beneficial discussions of technical alternatives, approaches, and techniques. If you really have something to contribute, why are you acting like a spoiled child? Your unfounded insults and repeated refusal to back your claims reflect very poorly on you and make it much more likely that people reading this thread won't take you seriously.

Sincerely,

Patrick

S P Engineering, Inc. | The experts in large scale distributed OO
                         | systems design and implementation.
          pjm_at_spe.com    | (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, CORBA, UML)