From: J M Davitt <jdavitt_at_aeneas.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 01:24:18 GMT

Neo wrote:

>>Duh! And the best way we have to manage data is with a relational database management system ... the most powerful tools available for deriving data. Those tools are equivalently the relational algebra and the relational calculus.... Idiot. ...you are stupid and ignorant.

> :) While RM does have a broad scope where it excels, is it God's
> ultimate gift to mankind? Could someone convince me it is, by showing
> how RM is better at modelling/querying the simple example at
> www.dbfordummies.com/example/ex005.asp where john has black skin and
> red-blue hair; and mary has white-smooth skin and red-silky-smooth
> hair. Note there are no redundant colors, textures, skin types, hair
> types, etc.

Neo, you keep posting this stuff I don't see and can't imagine what the output would be. I see '(create..' and ('select...' and '(and...' and '(;...' all over the place -- but no output. Is it in the tableau that appears at the bottom of your interface?

What's a class directory? What's a main directory? What's an (it)? What are those hex-digit-looking things? What are those splats? What are those instances? What are those +s? What's a type? What do all those &s do?

You keep asking someone to demonstrate that some RDBMS can do what dbDummy can do -- but what is it doing? Received on Sat Jun 03 2006 - 03:24:18 CEST

Original text of this message