From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:53:07 -0500

On 2006-05-31 12:29:45 -0500, "Marshall" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> said:

> Robert Martin wrote:

>> On 2006-05-30 19:56:34 -0500, "Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_novoa_at_hotmail.com> said:
>>
>>> Indeed, it is a very stupid way to lose almost all the power a DBMS
>>> offers.
>>
>> Ah, another substantive post.  Good job!  Keep up the good work.

> It may not be substantive in the sense that it doesn't inform for
> those who are not already aware of the problem. But it does
> very accurately label a very real problem with a common practice.
> When I read Alfredo's post, I though "yes, that's exactly the problem."

So, then, perhaps you can explain what the Active Record pattern is, and why it is a way to lose almost all the power a DBMS offers. Please be detailed. Code would help. (Or logical predicates if you prefer).

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com