From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 21:52:34 GMT

Sasa wrote:

> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>> With all due respect, Sasa, decomposing an application into cohesive
>> components is not at all the same as separating database access to
>> enable swapping out a dbms on a whim nor is it the same as
>> establishing a layer to separate database access from everything else.

> Could you please elaborate on that?
>
> I always thought that when one makes system consisting of cohesive
> loosely coupled components, one has the possibility to simply (or
> relatively simply) change implementation of any of those components. It
> doesn't matter that it will never be done. To me, the fact that
> something is fairly easy switchable, means that it is relatively
> isolated which in turn indicate that it is decoupled.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood you, so please feel free to correct me if so.

If you didn't understand it the first time, I doubt you will the second, third or fourth time. I will point out that nowhere did I suggest a layer specifically to isolate the dbms is a cohesive unit. Neither have you or anyone else established the same.

The dbms itself is a cohesive unit, though. It manages data. Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 23:52:34 CEST

Original text of this message