From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 12:43:33 -0700

> Duh! And the best way we have to manage data is with a relational database management system ... the most powerful tools available for deriving data. Those tools are equivalently the relational algebra and the relational calculus.... Idiot. ...you are stupid and ignorant.

:) While RM does have a broad scope where it excels, is it God's ultimate gift to mankind? Could someone convince me it is, by showing how RM is better at modelling/querying the simple example at www.dbfordummies.com/example/ex005.asp where john has black skin and red-blue hair; and mary has white-smooth skin and red-silky-smooth hair. Note there are no redundant colors, textures, skin types, hair types, etc. Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 21:43:33 CEST

Original text of this message