From: erk <eric.kaun_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 10:41:28 -0700

Robert Martin wrote:
> To me, and application should be layered such that the lowest layers
> know about the data management scheme. If that scheme is relational,
> then that layer knows about SQL, and is the only layer that knows about
> SQL. Higher layers make use of the abstract services of the lower
> layers.

In what sense are the "objects" returned by various SQL interfaces "lower" than the surrounding language? It's at least comparing apples and oranges, and at most inverting the true relationship, to claim that the host language is "higher level" simply because it's invoking the services of the DBMS.

> If we can now both agree that we have worthy CVs, perhaps we can have a
> reasoned debate about issues instead of an ad-hominem pecker-check.

hahahahahahaha Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 19:41:28 CEST

Original text of this message