From: phlip <>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:39:29 GMT

Marshall wrote:

> I also note that you have (again) used an example in which
> the dbms is placed in the role of a simple storage mechanism,
> the "text buffer."

That was Kanze's example. It is unfortunate, for you, that he picked a string, because he could also have picked any other library thing, such as a recordset or a parser. Please don't jerk your knee so easily!

Like I said, you can substitute in "very smart database which is not just a data buffer" as the library. The point is its interface is super-wide, so narrow it down to what your application needs before using it.