From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 07:45:51 -0500

On 2006-05-31 12:04:00 -0500, "Marshall" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> said:

> Robert Martin wrote:

>> Let this be a lesson to all you cowards who resort to ad-hominem
>> attacks and name calling.  THIS post is a very good rebut to mine.  He
>> actually used his BRAIN to invert my argument and throw it back in my
>> face.  And he did it without calling me a fool, or an idiot, or a
>> trickster.

> Bob,
>
> You can't validly at once call people cowards, and say they
> are not using their BRAINS, and also compain about their
> name-calling and impoliteness. If name-calling should not
> be done, why are you doing it? The condescension and
> attempt to claim the high ground is inconsistent with
> simultaneous use of the same tactics that you are
> complaining about.

You make a good point. Probabaly I should not have used the term "coward". On the other hand I have not resorted to the same level of ad-hominem attack as those I have complained about.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com