From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 07:22:31 -0500

On 2006-05-31 13:12:49 -0500, Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> said:

<<lots of insults, swearing, angst, and derision, but no arguments>>

Bob, when you think of an argument, let me know. Let me remind you of the topic of the argument:

Should application developers design their applications such that the DBMS is strongly decoupled from the high level policies of the application? If not, why not?

To say this a different way, should a good application be designed in layers such that some of those layers know about SQL and APIs like JDBC; while higher level layers know nothing of those details and depend upon services of the lower layers?

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com