From: <frebe73_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 04:43:48 -0700

> If you have the option of using different math libraries (that might use
> different algorithms, offer different precision or similar), then that
> would indeed be an excellent thing to do, wouldn't it?

Yes, in some cases it would be an excellent idea, but why don't we normally separate math libraries? Because the cost is higher than the benefits in most cases. It's exactly the same with separating SQL statements. It is a cost associated with that separation. In some cases the it may be resonable to pay the effort, but mostly it is not.

Fredrik Bertilsson
http://frebe.php0h.com Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 13:43:48 CEST

Original text of this message