From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 00:58:01 -0500

On 2006-05-31 11:43:43 -0500, frebe73_at_gmail.com said:

> The conclusion was obvious:
> Continue to embedd (ANSI) SQL in the application, but make your own
> (JDBC/ODBC/ADO) driver on top of the vendor driver, to eliminate the
> remaining incompatibilites between vendors.

Interesting! Make your own driver. I like the idea because it gives you a lot of control. However, I would still layer the application so that the embedded SQL was confined to the layer that knew about that driver.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com