From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:22:15 GMT

frebe73_at_gmail.com wrote:
>>It makes sense to embed SQL in the database code for the
>>reasons you give, but not in the UI code. The UI is the most likely
>>bit to change in the near future, as we respond to the prevailing
>>tastes of the user community ("we want it
>>GUI-based/browser-based/mobile-based/...") The database part OTOH may
>>not need to change for a long time, provided it performs well and
>>serves the UI well.

> So, what is the gain in separating the SQL statements if the they can
> be regarded as constants?

If one accepts Tony's premise, the gain is in not losing the SQL statements (assuming one uses SQL) when one deletes the obsolete UI code a couple years down the road.

If one accepts your premise, there is no gain in separating any code since one can regard it all as constant. Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 15:22:15 CEST

Original text of this message