Re: Possible bridges between OO programming proponents and relational model

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 01:55:35 -0700

Thanks for the response...

<<You don't have to worry all that much about what the relational model
allows
or doesn't allow. As anybody here can tell you, there are no pure relational databases in the Real World. >>I am puzzled by this statement...Everything in my experience teaches me that the current SQL implementation have recurring problems because they actuall y do not support correctly relational concepts...

<<What we have is quasi-relational table-based systems that in fact can
handle
processes very well. >>What do you exactly mean by handling processes very well? Most systems I face dayly, present grave performance and administration problems that could be avoided if rules dictated by normalization were respected...

<<Table-centric systems can. >>I see...What exactly are table centric
systems...Do you mean SQL based systems (ORACLE, DB2, SQL Server)

My concern is about how OO mechanisms could be utilized to allow better physical implementation of relational concepts...Is Java a potentially language than SQL for data manipulation, data definition (or both)...Thanks for your input... Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 03:55:35 CDT