Re: Why all the max length constraints?

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:52:22 GMT

"Alvin Ryder" <alvin321_at_telstra.com> wrote in message news:1149028978.559748.185760_at_g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> Tradeoffs between the fixed and variable occur everywhere in computing,
> it comes down to the laws of physics and available hardware. And to
> make any inferences you need "all things being equal" or "apples to
> apples" measurements, all else is just speculation is it not.

I agree with the gist of the above.

One nit pick: it isn't the laws of physics. It's the laws of information.

If the laws of physics were different (perpetual motion machines) but the laws of infromation were *not* different, we would still be dealing with the trade offs you mentioned. Received on Wed May 31 2006 - 12:52:22 CEST

Original text of this message