Re: Bye

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 30 May 2006 14:49:35 -0700

Tony D wrote:
> I was going to let this post go by, but sorry, I really
> can't.

Personally I'm glad that you said something.

> > There are a few of you that try to make statements to
> > set the course of a discussion right again, but with
> > current conditions it is very difficult for someone who
> > doesn't want to be the brunt of the next attack to speak
> > up when a rape is taking place.
>
> This, so far as I'm concerned, is the worst post you've
> made on this group. Whatever the rough ride you've had, I
> haven't seen *anything* to compare with the emotional and
> mental violence of rape. Sorry, that just went *way* *too*
> *far*.

When I read that DW statement I was extremely insulted and sickened. One should NEVER categorize another human as a rapist it such a careless way in such trivial circumstances.

It demeans both the accused and anyone who has actually been raped. Given recent world events, you would think this was abundantly emphasized. Dawn, especially as a woman, should have known (and even "felt") better. What will her daughters and granddaughters think when they read these posts one day?

For the purpose of this newsgroup I was forced to accept (as you seem to now as well) that she behaves as an incorrigible troll here. However, I still hoped that perhaps things would be better in private communications where the publicity that usually feeds trolls is absent. So I began preparing a kind and thoughtful email to her. Then I read this post of hers and was repulsed; the overture was forgotten.

  • Keith --