Re: Why all the max length constraints?

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:37:06 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148773922.267863.170930_at_j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> As many of you know, I work with database management systems that treat
> all data as variable in length, while one might specify a length for
> display purposes.

I don't know any such thing. Reading your previous posts, what I see is that you work with people who work with such database managment systems. It isn't the same thing as working with those systems yourself.

It's also not clear to me that the systems you are referring to are, in fact, database management systems. Maybe we need to nail that down before we continue. Received on Tue May 30 2006 - 23:37:06 CEST

Original text of this message