From: CMCC <c_jackal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 May 2006 13:59:34 -0700

Marshall wrote:
> CMCC wrote:
> > Ed Kirwan wrote:
> > >
> > > That would be a superb OO application indeed.
> >
> > Maybe I have to explain. I try to give a hint... to think about
> > reasoning.
> > Which version did you like beter? That of Robert Martin or mine with
> > *only* 'OO application' and 'DBMS' exchanged?
> > Nobody complained about the first one. Nobody said:
> > "That would be a superb DBMS indeed, if it can be swapped out for
> > another at a whim"
> > What does that tell?
>
> That the OO crowd is making demands of their DBMS that they
> can't themselves meet with their OOP code.

I was only mimicking the reply of Ed Kirwan. You did not react to that one. Or... did you agree with his? (2nd level): What does that tell?

Lets not play games.
What Robert Martin seems to have written... do you agree with that?

As an aside about other of your contributions: Data is not Information, Information is not Knowledge, Knowledge is not Wisdom.
(Maybe someone needs this one also: Data is not Wisdom)

Regards,
Carlos Received on Tue May 30 2006 - 22:59:34 CEST

Original text of this message