From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 May 2006 12:11:58 -0700

CMCC wrote:
> Ed Kirwan wrote:
> >
> > That would be a superb OO application indeed.
>
> Maybe I have to explain. I try to give a hint... to think about
> reasoning.
> Which version did you like beter? That of Robert Martin or mine with
> *only* 'OO application' and 'DBMS' exchanged?
> Nobody complained about the first one. Nobody said:
> "That would be a superb DBMS indeed, if it can be swapped out for
> another at a whim"
> What does that tell?

That the OO crowd is making demands of their DBMS that they can't themselves meet with their OOP code.

Especially ironic that they would raise that point, given that it would be a lot easier to switch DBMS vendors than it would be to switch application languages.

Marshall Received on Tue May 30 2006 - 21:11:58 CEST

Original text of this message