From: CMCC <c_jackal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 May 2006 11:54:32 -0700

Ed Kirwan wrote:
> CMCC wrote:
> The OO application
> > is a detail to be decided at the last possible moment and kept in a
> > position so flexible that it can be swapped out for another at a whim.
> >

> I consider myself, at present, an OOer (though a poor one), but I'd be
> deeply proud if I could write an application that was flexible enough to
> be swapped out for another at a whim (with no service degradation
> noticeable by customers, I presume you mean).
>
> That would be a superb OO application indeed.

Maybe I have to explain. I try to give a hint... to think about reasoning.
Which version did you like beter? That of Robert Martin or mine with *only* 'OO application' and 'DBMS' exchanged? Nobody complained about the first one. Nobody said: "That would be a superb DBMS indeed, if it can be swapped out for another at a whim"
What does that tell?

Regards,
Carlos Received on Tue May 30 2006 - 20:54:32 CEST

Original text of this message