Re: Bye

From: Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 30 May 2006 10:19:43 -0700

I was going to let this post go by, but sorry, I really can't.

> It also "feels like" some of the recent noisy people blasting me might
> know either BB or Pascal, perhaps even arriving here with a mission.

Sorry Dawn, but if anyone has arrived with a mission, or displaying some missionary zeal, it has been you, as the basic tenor of your blog would show. For example :

"I will follow this up in a future blog by showing that the RM is not sufficient for developing and maintaining data-based software. ONCE WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE that the RM is neither necessary nor sufficient, we can look at what the purpose of the RM is and discuss its comparative usefulness." (Dawn's blog, January 24th, 2006, emphasis mine)

Whether the natives decide to eat the missionary is down not only to the nature of the natives, but also to the nature of the missionary, the message the missionary brings and the way the message is delivered. If you want to be a missionary, them's the risks.

You've been given a pretty rough ride, and in the majority of cases I would say reasonably so. Taking this thread as the latest example, it has gone to >110 posts, and includes several direct answers to your question, plus a variety of attempts to try getting you see it for yourself, but it seems you simply won't accept the answer; given the nature of your blog, and your earlier statements and positions (from which you don't appear to have moved much if at all, no matter what anyone says to you) this would lead me, despite my preference for seeing the best in people, to agree with Bob - that you're asking loaded questions and waiting for answers to support your views, rather than engaging in an open discussion.

> There are a few of you that try to make statements to set the course of a
> discussion right again, but with current conditions it is very
> difficult for someone who doesn't want to be the brunt of the next
> attack to speak up when a rape is taking place.

This, so far as I'm concerned, is the worst post you've made on this group. Whatever the rough ride you've had, I haven't seen *anything* to compare with the emotional and mental violence of rape. Sorry, that just went *way* *too* *far*. Received on Tue May 30 2006 - 19:19:43 CEST

Original text of this message