Re: OT Bull-fight avoidance

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 29 May 2006 11:36:11 -0700

Bob Badour wrote :
> Keith H Duggar wrote :
> > DW wrote :
> > > No, but I definitely apologize if I was rude. I am
> > > clearly having a hard time stating this question in a
> > > way that you can understand ... I would like to be
> > > able to get all the way to questions that would
> > > resonate with you, but I'm clearly having trouble
> > > doing that.
>
> Ahhh... the coup de grace! Now, the self-aggrandizing
> ignorant claims the high-ground by dismissing you as too
> stupid to understand her question. A question that you
> clearly understood on its face.

Yeah ... reading that statement of hers really was a tipping point for me.

> She counted on you to give her the benefit of any doubt no
> matter how small, which you did, to manipulate you to her
> own ends. Finally, she repaid you by implying you are
> stupid.
>
> In the end, was she worth the effort you put into her?

No it doesn't seem that it was. You are right. I apologize to cdt for helping to propagate so much noise. I was being too naive. I was thinking "hey maybe if an outsider who just came along, carefully points out her argumentation problems she might change." Stupid, I know that now. Can't teach an old bitch (female dog) new tricks I guess.

The saddest thing is that not only have I wasted time in recent past, I have wasted future time! Because I have helped DW add another dozen or so posts to the google archives. And it is this shear volume of VI postings that gives them their lasting influence and impedes efficient learning of future readers. New paths added to the VI maze, new mud added to their quagmire.

Shame on me. I'm sorry cdt.

  • Keith --

PS. Maybe one day google will create a curated version of the archives trimming VI threads. A kind of retroactive moderation. That would be useful. Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 20:36:11 CEST

Original text of this message