Re: Why all the max length constraints?

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 13:45:55 +0200

Bob Badour wrote:
> J M Davitt wrote:
>

>> dawn wrote:
>>
>>> [OK, here is my next "stupid question" as I cut a path in my study of
>>> the RM.  Those teachers who just want to tell this student how ignorant
>>> she is are welcome to sit this out as I really am hoping to
>>> understand.]

Good thing that J M David quoted this.

> What I find ignorant and stupid

You can read, but all this wonderful knowledge goes to waste if you don't try to get the message.

Stop it.

You are hurting people.

You are discouraging people to contribute /questions/ to this group. Real questions show ignorance and the willingness to explore it.

> is the suggestion that field constraints
> have anything to do with the relational model, which places no
> restrictions on data types. If the self-aggrandizing ignorant had
> bothered to educate herself on the fundamentals instead of pursuing some
> idiotic agenda by comparing the flaws of seriously flawed products, she
> would realise this already.

You can write. Some toes will be stepped upon in discussion - that can't be helped. Please excersize your writing skills to prevent unnecessarily hurting people and still point out what you think is wrong.

Your postings look as if you are deliberately inflicting damage at the cost of any possibly sensible topic.

Please stop it. Received on Sun May 28 2006 - 13:45:55 CEST

Original text of this message