Re: Poll: Expert user vs. Internals Expert

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 26 May 2006 21:56:51 -0700

Jay Dee wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> > So if you disagree with anything written under the
> > heading of the RM, then you are stupid.
>
> There are other reasons some may "disagree with anything
> written under the heading of the RM" -- whatever that
> means.
>
> > If we write anything under the heading of the RM,
>
> Again, WTF does this mean?

Come on Jay Dee, this is one of the clearest points Dawn has made in c.d.t. How can you not get it? It's obvious. Here is an example:

<h1> RM Applied To The Earth Moon System </h1?

Clearly since the above paragraph is written "under the [RM] heading" it is true and the logic is impeccable. If you disagree then you are stupid.

> > Fortunately, the world has encountered this type of
> > thinking before, among religious fundamentalists.
> > Unfortunately, society has not figured out how to
> > address it. Such fundamentalism in any religion is
> > scary, the RM being no exception.

Vociferous Ignorance (VI) (which includes many "religious" beliefs) is by far a greater threat than "RM" or any other theory. Now, I will admit that in some domains "rm -R" can be more immediately dangerous than VI.

  • Keith --