Re: Relation or attribute and why

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2006 13:39:11 -0700

David Cressey wrote:

> Some of the time spent in c.d.t on the "what I meant was" issue is due to
> people who insist on a perverse reading of other people's comments, and on
> a disrespectful attitude towards other people's thinking. There is a lot of
> that going on in c.d.t. right now.

Indeed. The Dark Lord has been away for years. The Wise believe he had reoccupied Dol Guldur, scheming up some nefarious wizardry, no doubt. All during this time we have had to deal only with single Nazgul, or the occasional troll. But the furnaces of Barad-dur are again alight, a sure sign that Sauron has returned to his ancient stronghold.

Evil is abroad in the land.

Marshall

PS. An amusing diversion: pair c.d.t. regulars with LotR characters.

My picks:

JH: Elrond
DC: Aragorn
mAst: Faramir
x: Tom Bombadil
JOG: Theoden

DW: Eowyn
GW: the Mouth of Sauron
Neo: Gollum
me: Barliman Butterbur

etc. Received on Fri May 26 2006 - 22:39:11 CEST

Original text of this message