Re: Poll: Expert user vs. Internals Expert

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2006 06:52:28 -0700

x wrote:
> "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Neo wrote:
> > <snip>
> language don't implement the relational model.
> > >
> > > Then what data model do SQL Server and Access implement?
>
> > Good question, Neo. I await a clear, logical response.
>
> If I remember correctly,Winston Patrick (
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/phw/index.html ) said to a similar question
> something similar to: they implement the data model of SQL Server and,
> respectively, Access.

Took a quick look and didn't find it from there, so if you happen to, pass it along.

> > But, of course, I do like logic and set theory, employing such while
> > working with non-relational databases. Cheers! --dawn
>
> I do like logic and set theory if it's embeded in the server too, not only
> in the applications.

In the code for any software product (as a whole), whether in one company's code or another doesn't matter, but I agree with the sentiment of reusability. smiles. --dawn Received on Fri May 26 2006 - 15:52:28 CEST

Original text of this message