Efficient comparison of two DBs

From: Ike <rxv_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:43:13 GMT

I am trying to discern what (an) algorithm might be, that would compare two databases which, at one time were mirror's of each other. That is, if at one point in the past, I had DB A, which was a mirror image of DB B, and A has not been touched, B has been in use. Now I want to compare the two, to discern what records have been changed, added or deleted in B so that I can apply the same changes to A such that, when completed, A again mirrors B.

Does anyone have any thoughts on such an algorithm? Thanks, Ike Received on Mon May 22 2006 - 13:43:13 CEST

Original text of this message