Re: Proof of Completeness of Algebraic Properties of Relational Lattice

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 May 2006 19:16:37 -0700

Vadim Tropashko wrote:
> Marshall wrote:
> >The algebra is quasi-distributive:
> >A && (B || C) = (A && B) || (A && C) || empty(a,abc,b,bc,c)
>
> This is an interesting attempt to formulate distributivity criteria.

After looking at your objections, and with further analysis on my end, it appears that my restatement of the distributivity criteria is bogus. Since that's approximately step one of the proof, I think we can safely ignore the rest unless this breach can be repaired.

I'll try to come up with a restatement of the distributivity that isn't bogus. The goal is to be able to use the quasi-distributivity to generate a normal form for expressions.

Marshall Received on Mon May 22 2006 - 04:16:37 CEST

Original text of this message