Re: Ping: dawn, some mvl questions

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 00:51:59 GMT

JOG wrote:

> There is a lot of ad-hoc discussion of lists on cdt. Now logical
> statements, they appeal to me. They seem to provide the basis for a
> solid theoretical framework. I can see where I stand with predicate
> logic.
>
> As such, I would be much obliged if a List-point-of-view advocate,
> could step back from the 'model' for a second, rewinding to the
> original statements themselves, and explain to me how a list ought be
> described in terms of formal logical propositions. Thanks in advance,
> Jim.
>
> (caveat: I'd also appreciate a different example to bloody pizza
> toppings ;)

I would be happier if some bright person developed a notation useful for expressing transformations between sets and various physical representations including linked lists. That at least might prove useful for delivering physical independence. Received on Mon May 22 2006 - 02:51:59 CEST

Original text of this message