Re: Ping: dawn, some mvl questions

From: Kenneth Downs <knode.wants.this_at_see.sigblock>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:15:20 -0400

mAsterdam wrote:

> Kenneth Downs wrote:

>> I am in the school of thought that says that if you need a list, make a
>> table, that's what the RM is for.

> (Not about MV but sets/lists)
>
> I am in school of thought that says that if you see a list, it might
> be set that is meant. People often don't need to distinguish
> between them for day to day purposes, so I'll just have to dig deeper,
> ask more questions to find out.

You're right. The examples I have at hand are all unordered.

> For instance, when I see a list of instructions, it might
> be defining the processor. In this case the presented list
> stands for the processors instuction /set/.
> OTOH it might also be a program.
> In that case it is what is seems to be: an instruction /list/.

The examples at hand are documents required to transport animals internationally.

There is a master set, a subset by country, and then the set attached to the job. In the context of my original post, the question would be, would I attach a set to a job in a multi-value column, or what advantage would there be to doing so?

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.