Re: Impossible Database Design?

From: Nikolai Onken <nikolai.onken_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 May 2006 13:06:24 -0700

Jay Dee wrote:

> I've done this. Some of my other responses hinted at the approach
> I used.

I'll definitely have a closer look again!!

> The thing that spewed data
> looked like a table, but it wasn't.

I want to see the thing ;)

> But if you want something "like Outlook (Patterns included!)" I'd say,
> "It already exists. It's called Outlook."

Not as a source of ideas on how to build a calendar, since now I know that it only supports dates until .... hmmm... I forgot...

> You mentioned Israel: was that an international flight? Price
> fluctuations in that arena don't happen - at least, not the way I
> gathered from your description. Something else is in the mix...

I have never made this experience myself, but yes, it is an international flight and yes, I was sitting in the travelagency and in between the first phonecall (where the agent asked for the price) and the second one (where she confirmed the booking) the price changed....

> I suspect the contrary is true.

Well probably you're right

> Price changes don't have anything to do with whether "the system is
> online based."

I know, thats what the agent said :)
Anyways, its probably all pretty off-topic, sorry for that... I would find it quite interesting to have some sort of ressource where you can find information on how to handle time based database issues (maybe I should set it up.. though i know least about it...) I haven't seen so many sites and not everybody can or wants to order books to learn about such an issue... it doesn't seem to be such a straight forward issue...
Otherwise why is this thread so long?
Regards,

Nikolai Received on Thu May 18 2006 - 22:06:24 CEST

Original text of this message