Re: TRM - Morbidity has set in, or not?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:09:29 GMT

erk wrote:

> dawn wrote:
>

>>If such a programming language
>>has RDM as only one of several ways of modeling and working with data
>>in large shared data banks, then the RDM loses the exclusivity it seems
>>to demand, however.  So, is the RDM sub model you mention one that is
>>still the only way to view persisted data, or simply one way?  For
>>example, could XQuery  (or similar) and SQL (or a better implementation
>>of the RDM) function side by side in a language that works with large
>>shared data banks without violating the RDM?

Dawn is a self-aggrandizing ignorant who lacks the ability to reason simple things. Due to the proscription of subversion, it would be pointless to implement anything else 'side by side'. If one wants to use a different syntax, it would make much more sense to use a translator. However, none of the examples of alternate syntaxes she gives could possibly offer any useful benefit over predicate logic.

> I don't know about XQuery (which is meant for XML values), but
> certainly most UIs are a tree view of data, of which a relational
> database can support many (different restricted views of the same
> data). However, updates to data need the same constraints as the
> database itself, so from that standpoint, the application is a node of
> a distributed database.
>
> But for presentation, different languages make a lot of sense.
>

>>>The programming language also needs a highly developed process model at its
>>>core.  The object oriented process model provides a good starting place.
>>
>>Agreed.

> What is an "object oriented process model"?

See what I mean about her self-aggrandizing ignorance? "Process model" is meaningless gibberish, and she is either too ignorant or too stupid to recognize that fact.

Even if one goes the extra mile and tries to make sense of the gibberish by substituting "computational model" or "model of concurrency", the object oriented folks do not have a consensus on either so using the definite article and suggesting that provides a unique starting place is lunacy. Received on Thu May 18 2006 - 21:09:29 CEST

Original text of this message