Re: Impossible Database Design?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:05:27 GMT

Nikolai Onken wrote:

>>Apparently, you lack comprehension of the terms 'finite' and 'infinite'.
>>I suggest you ponder the difference between them and re-read what I
>>already posted.

> No I don't think so, there are only different ways to represent finity
> and infinity in a database - its not about 64bit, or capacity or
> computer power (it is when starting to calculate with the data but that
> abviously isn't such a big deal since calendars usually don't need to
> calculate more than say 3 years in advance).

With all due respect, inifinite is about capacity and the impossibility of representing each of an infinite set of values in a finite space.

I reiterate what I said above: You lack comprehenseion of the terms 'finite' and 'infinite'. I suggest you ponder the difference between them and re-read what I already posted.

Plonk. Received on Wed May 17 2006 - 17:05:27 CEST

Original text of this message