Re: Lucid statement of the MV vs RM position?

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 May 2006 07:03:56 -0700

Jon Heggland wrote:
> Marshall Spight wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it's crucial, but it's also ... I dunno. "Obvious" I guess.
>
> So your point is that it's safe to call both things "aggregate
> operators", because it's always obvious from context which one we mean?
> I could perhaps accept that, but what benefits are there in *not* making
> the distinction?

Jon,

I think the conversation has passed the point of being productive. I was more interesting in discussing how the FDs behave in the presence of aggregators. What we call things is of limited interest to me.

Thanks for the discourse.

Marshall Received on Wed May 10 2006 - 16:03:56 CEST

Original text of this message