From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 17:57:10 GMT

Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> On 6 May 2006 16:18:03 -0700, vc wrote:
>

>>Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>>[...]
>>
>>>But anyway, approximate value + error bounds gives an
>>>infinite set. I can deal with. In a pure set-based model I have to present
>>>the set.
>>
>>For example ?
>
> 1.2 +/- 0.5

And your point would be?

>>>But that means that RM isn't based on set theory! It is on set theory
>>>*plus* some "prepackaged products."
>>
>>That's a bizzare statemen akin to saying that functions, or any math
>>structure for that matter, for are not based on the set theory because
>>they are used ready-made.
>
> Ask Bob Badour, that was his logic I used, not mine...

Don't put words in my mouth. I am not your straw man, and my statements speak for themselves.

Set theory lets me describe sets with refrigerators and rocks if I want to. Predicate logic lets me describe true statements about refrigerators and rocks if I want to. Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 19:57:10 CEST

Original text of this message