Re: All hail Bob (not)!

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 04:54:03 GMT

jiiiiim_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Frank Hamersley wrote:
>

>>Bob Badour wrote:

> [..]
>

>>>I agree it is no problem to write the query to get the average ages
>>>where the age is known. Using null, how does one write the query to
>>>get the correct result, ie. the average is unknown ?

>>select case when count(*) = count(age)
>>            then avg(age)
>>            else null
>>       end as avgage
>>from   table

> What say you Bob? The silence to date has been most instructive.
>
> Cheers, Frank.

Apparently, you do not know the meaning of plonk. I see you use two email addresses. Plonk again.

If you think it is appropriate to require the godawful mess above from a casual user to get a correct result for a simple query, you only confirm that you are an embecile. Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 06:54:03 CEST

Original text of this message