Re: Lucid statement of the MV vs RM position?

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2006 08:17:58 -0700

Jon Heggland wrote:

> GUNF intuitively seems very simple to me; like most NFs, it's just
> formalised common sense. Consider an example of the relvar keys relvar (1):
> [...]
> (3) is different from (1), hence (1) is in GUNF, and the use of an RVA
> is justified. (Actually, Darwen's GUNF formulation is slightly
> different, but I believe my example captures its intent. The point is (I
> think) that there does not exist any relation of type (2) that when
> grouped produces (1).)

I have no idea what GUNF is, and it's not clear from context. Further, a Google search for "gunf" or "gunf darwen" produced no useful information.

What am I missing? Anyone have any further pointers to useful reading?

Marshall Received on Thu May 04 2006 - 17:17:58 CEST

Original text of this message