From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2006 14:14:12 -0700

> > > Can you give 'real' examples?
> >
> > What is real vs unreal?
>
> 'real' as in relevant to the current universe of discourse, which is two droids who should not misinterpret each other (for me that is a purely imaginary scenery, I don't work with droids - hence the quotes).

Two driod who shouldn't misinterpret each other is one example within the universe of discourse. They are not the universe of discourse. Maybe it is easier if you to specify 'real examples' and not engage in un real ones.

> >> relationship(john, like, mary).
> >
> > In your last example, it appears you have choosen to classify "john
> > like mary" as a relationship. I say appears as I am not sure which rule
> > you are applying (try replacing each name with an arbitrary letter and
> > see if you can determine the relationship between them ie. a(b,c,d)
> > ). Is it a fixed/conventional rule that if a function has 3 parameters,
> > then the function's name is to classify of all the parameters as a
> > whole?
>
> Not AFAIK. (I took it you meant 'if a predicate has arity 3').

How does the app/droid know this? It is a standard/convention?

> > But more importantly, I wouldn't actually classify relationships for
> > two reasons:
> > 1) It is something that should be derived.
>
> 1.1) Why?
> 1.2) From what? How?
> 1.3.1) Anyway, we have derived somethings and ... what, base things?
> 1.3.2) How do we distinguish between derived and non-derived?

Your question are too hard to answer. I think it easer for me to let you go ahead and classify relationships :)

> Context matters. Don't do this, I don't like it at all.

Don't worry, we will go through each of them again :)

>> [what is ???] Can you clarify this?
>
> Not really.

Hmm, then I will have trouble explaining the thingy thing to you. Received on Wed May 03 2006 - 23:14:12 CEST

Original text of this message