Re: N. Wirth

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 10:50:58 GMT

"Rich Ryan" <rryan_at_cshore.com> wrote in message news:b1x5g.27027$NS6.17329_at_newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
> I was the guy that started the thread re: Pascal. The nostalgia was great.
> But for some reason I can't rely to that thread. I'll just do it here.
>
> To Cressey et all,
> yes, I wish they still taught it.

I'll repeat a comment I made a little while ago: Someone should do for OOP what Pascal did for structured programming. Come up with a suitable language for use as a teaching tool.

Someone should do the same for the interface language to a relational database.

It's been said in this forum that theory should not be bound by pedagogy. That's true, but it's also true that pedagogy should be bound, in its form, by theory. In its content, yes, but not in its form. Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 12:50:58 CEST

Original text of this message