From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2006 14:43:54 -0700

>>> It seems there maybe yet another reason. Prolog may not provide a method to determine the function given one set of parameter already specified. Can some experiences Prologer correct me on this? .
>> Can you make your statement in a way which is more test-friendly?

Enter the following in Prolog: like(john, mary). Now there is no way to determine the relationship between john and mary. This is because queries in Prolog find function parameters not the function itself. Here is how to do it in dbd (abridge script):

(create john like mary)
(select john * mary) // displays like

The Prolog examples you gave were fine, however none of them showed the ability to determine the relationship between things.

> I'll re-ask: for what purpose do you need to know it?

The significance of knowing the relationship between two things is too basic for me to want to explain :) Received on Sun Apr 30 2006 - 23:43:54 CEST

Original text of this message