From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2006 12:54:48 -0700

> The reason you probably didn't implement a more systematic solution
> (as shown below) is because Prolog probably does not allow functions
> (not function results) to be parameters.
>
> like(john, mary).
> hate(john, bob).
> opposite(like, hate). /// Is this possible in Prolog ????

> It is possible in F-logic which, loosely speaking, is a kind of Prolog.

Since the above post, I have verified, it isn't possible in SWI-Prolog. The problem is that queries can only solve for function parameters and not for function itself. And apparently a function and an atom can have the same name but fall under different scopes. Is F-logic implemented on hardware similar to dbd or Prolog? Or does F-logic run mostly on the human-mind platform :)

> But you already knew that.

:) I never heard of F-logic. Am I re-inventing it also? Received on Sun Apr 30 2006 - 21:54:48 CEST

Original text of this message