From: Nick Malik [Microsoft] <nickmalik_at_hotmail.nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:34:17 -0700

"Markus Triska" <triska_at_gmx.at> wrote in message news:445237a7$0$12126$3b214f66_at_tunews.univie.ac.at...
> Alvin Ryder wrote:
>

>> Nick used the phrase "traditional prolog" and I switched it for "pure
>> prolog": There is decades worth of literature that equates the two as
>> being more or less the same thing
>
> Equating them is wrong.
>
>> Nick is correct in stating that this was not the case with
>> "traditional prolog"
>
> Nick didn't state that.

True. I didn't. My oversight. Alvin correctly read my intent.

That said, my goal is not so much to demonstrate my prowess in Prolog (hah!) but to help Neo to open his mind to the possibility that he is not the first person to have been concerned with the area of thinking that he is working in, and that, just maybe, he could benefit from reading the work of other scientists.

In that process, I may have made a few errors in my illustration of the Prolog language.

Please forgive.

--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
    MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
   I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer.  I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.