From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2006 06:51:08 -0700

> > With respect to your comment that dbd's script looks like bitPlumbing ...
>
> Heh. I meant for bitplumbing to refer to my activity when
> extracting the prolog-clauses (when you did not like the term
> re-engineering for that activity).

:) Oh! Until now I really thought you were referring to dbd's script. I finally get it now. Sorry for the confusion.

> If a little extra verbosity brings benefits - and you claim it does
> - I see no harm there, espacially when I can generate the extras
> with some form of scripting most of the time.

Actually I don't claim that verbosity by itself brings benefit. Rather a more general method tends to involve more steps (which can be packaged into higher level functions). For example, while an adjustable wrench is more "flexible" than a single fixed size wrench, the adjustable wrench requires more steps to do the same thing. Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 15:51:08 CEST

Original text of this message